Saturday, December 5, 2009

MY PROFESSIONAL CURRICULUM VITAE





It is a pleasure to introduce myself; my name is BERNY Vijaya Kaludewa, I am a young Sri Lankan man living in Southern Sri Lanka.
I’m a very talented, creative and versatile Sri Lankan Cultural Dancer.
I finished the A-level successfully after 2 years cultural dancing at the Sumangala Collage dance department in the town of Hikkaduwa in 1999. Following that I obtained my External Diploma of National Dancing of Sri Lanka.
Subsequent to finishing my education, I gained valuable experience as a cultural dancer participating in multiple traditional ceremonies and local events. I am a skilled organizer and choreographer of many kinds of dances as well as being qualified to play Sri Lankan traditional dance instruments such as: Geta Beraya, Pahatha rata Beraya, Dhawula, Thammettama, and Jemby in addition to some African instruments.
As a result of my formal education and experience, I have also developed my own style of dancing involving nature and animal motifs and well as my own interpretation of traditional Sri Lankan themes.
My experience qualifies me to organize all sorts of cultural dance programs for various occasions as such as:
• wedding ceremonies
• Buddhist ceremonies
• festival ceremonies, like the Perahera
• dinner and private parties
• touristic exhibits
Please don’t hesitate to contact me and discuss you wishes. I can help you develop your own ideas as well as execute the event in order that you may better concentrate on having a good time. I guarantee that I’ll give one of the best Sri Lankan performances.